Braille Instant Translation and Editing (BRITE)
BRITE is a multi-functional Braille translation editing program that allows people to easily perform two-way instant translation between Braille and regular text. It provides a great convenience for people with visual impairment to read and write, hence helps them overcome the obstacles in learning, employment and daily communication.
Other Outstanding Features：
- BRITE runs under common Windows platforms (Supports Windows 10 / Windows 11)
- two-way instant translation between Braille and regular text supporting both Chinese and English Braille
- Braille editing, proof-reading, file saving and print functions
- with user dictionary
- can import and export documents in different encodings;
- automatic Braille formatting;
- good compatibility with different screen readers;
- user-friendly designs for people with visual impairment.
The following people can apply for free version of BRITE:
1. Members of the Hong Kong Blind Union. Each member can install it in one machine.
2. School registered under the "Jockey Club E-Learning For All Project”
Other people interested in this software can refer to
Assistive Software for Sale
In October 2022 a fixed BRITE version 2.4 released
- Enhanced compatibility with Windows 10 and Windows 11..
- Fixed the issue of cursor shift and unable to prompt associated phrases when typing Chinese.
In October 2019, a fixed BRITE version 2.3 released
- In Windows 7, BRITE no longer crashes when closing the program with NVDA running.
Thanks to the sponsorship of the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, for the new version which supports Windows 10.
For enquiry, please contact our staff at the Accessible Digital Technology Center at 27095559 during opening hours.